Friday, June 5, 2015

Facing the Right Direction

 One of the most important things we can do is face the partner we are married to. It is a necessity for a marriage to succeed. A couple is joined as one, and must communicate as one as well. It is so important for them to lean on each other, and be one in spirit. Many times when stress comes, this is the first thing that is altered. Being "too busy" leads to the feelings such as "I can do this alone" or "I can handle this without you". This is something that needs to be avoided. When afflictions and pains come, that is when a couple must become even closer. I love the book written by H. Wallace Goddard called "Drawing Heaven Into Your Marriage". The book talks about the spiritual aspects of a marriage, which is ultimately the most important element. Goddard talks about replacing evil with goodness, and explains a story about Jesus Christ. The ultimate message was saying that it takes strong faith to remove doubt, sadness, and pain. It also takes strong faith to make a marriage successful. I have seen many people whom I consider role models in my life really grasp these elements and extend beyond them. People I have met are just beaming with faith, kindness, and a peaceful heart. It makes me feel as if I have a chance to be that way someday. In many cases, that peaceful heart comes from trials within a marriage. I hope to become that way someday. By turning toward my husband, trusting his faith and having my own, we can conquer the most destructive storms in life.

To find out more about what I believe:

No comments:

Post a Comment